Quotations by Aristotle Onassis

Quotations | Speeches | Poetry

Aristotle Onassis, Greek shipping magnate

Aristotelis Sokratis (also Ari) Onassis (January 15, 1906 - March 15, 1975) was the most famous shipping magnate of the 20th century. He founded Olympic Airways (today Olympic Airlines), the Greek national carrier, in 1957. Onassis married Jacqueline Kennedy, widow of U.S. President John F. Kennedy, on October 20, 1968. He died at age 69, on March 15, 1975 in Neuilly-sur-Seine, France, of bronchial pneumonia. His daughter Christina inherited 55% of the Onassis fortune while the other 45% was used as funds for the Alexander S. Onassis Foundation set up to honor his late son Alexander Onassis. (Source: Wikipedia)


Aristotle Onassis
  1. After a certain point, money is meaningless. It ceases to be the goal. The game is what counts.
  2. Find a priest who understands English and doesn't look like Rasputin.
  3. Get a sun lamp to keep you looking as if you have just come back from somewhere expensive.
  4. I have no friends and no enemies -- only competitors.
  5. If women didn't exist, all the money in the world would have no meaning.
  6. It is during our darkest moments that we must focus to see the light.
  7. The secret of business is to know something that nobody else knows.
  8. To succeed in business it is necessary to make others see things as you see them.
  9. We must free ourselves of the hope that the sea will ever rest. We must learn to sail in high winds.